FingerTec TimeTec Review:
FingerTec TimeTec is a basic web-based time and attendance solution for small and mid-size businesses. Note that although they sell it as a cloud-based solution, it must be hosted on an organization’s own hardware, or on a “TimeTec T-Box”. Therefore, we can’t truly consider this as a cloud-based time and attendance solution.
FingerTec includes a number of additional features in TimeTec that are not included in their TCMS V2 software package. Obviously, since it is a cloud-based solution, employees have the ability to check in for work remotely via mobile phone. Smaller additions include customizable reports and multiple tiers of access control. However, this does come with additional cost, as they charge a per-terminal license fee for each FingerTec TimeTec terminal that will be connected. Additionally, this isn’t a true cloud-based time and attendance solution, as it requires a company to host and manage the software internally.
Although TimeTec offers a few additional mobility benefits over TCMS V2, we would really only recommend it if you already own (or plan to purchase) FingerTec Time Clocks. As with TCMS V2, it is an extremely limited solution, with a very basic, although usable user interface. Unfortunately, we have to give FingerTec TimeTec the last place amongst cloud-based time and attendance software packages.
Features and Benefits of FingerTec TimeTec:
• GPS coordinate locator: tags the exact location at the time of the attendance clock-in
• Keep track of your own attendance: allows you to check your own attendance history
• Keep tabs on overseas: allows you to track staff globally
• Print reports from any location with an internet connection
• Generate attendance reports and print them with a WiFi printer, with a few taps of your finger
• Customize Reports: create custom attendance/absence reports